To register on Homeseeker, you must complete an online application form.
(If you do not have access to the internet, you can contact the Homeseeker Team for assistance)
Important: If you have previously registered with Homeseeker, DO NOT re-register.
You can login using your existing details.
If you have forgotten these details, you can request them from the Homeseeker Team.
If you are registering for the first time, please click here to visit the registration page.
If you have previously registered with us and already have an account, please click here to visit the log in page
Once you have completed your application form, you must provide the following documents:
- Proof of identity for all household members (passports, birth certificates, driving licences, NHS medical cards and welfare benefit entitlement letter)
- Proof of current address for the primary and joint applicants (e.g. recent gas or electricity bill, or bank statement)
- Proof of child benefit for all dependent children (either a child benefit notification letter or a bank statement showing child benefit being paid into your account - both dated within the last 6 months)
- Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)
- Proof of Pregnancy. If a member of your household is pregnant (over 20 weeks) and there are no other children on your application, you may be entitled to a larger home. Please provide proof of pregnancy in the form of a MATB1 form.
Important: If the name on your application form is different to your ID,
we will require proof that your name has changed (i.e. marriage certificate or change of name deed)
Your documents can be e-mailed to the Homeseeker Team at Homeseeker@torfaen.gov.uk or taken to your local Customer Care Centre.
If you can't scan your documents, you can take a photo and send it as an attachment to the email address above.
Important: If you do not provide us with the documents required within 28 days your application will be cancelled.
Copies of documents will be sufficient. Any original documents that are provided will be returned, but Torfaen County Borough Council accepts no responsibility for original documentation.
If you have any questions or are having difficulty providing the evidence that we require, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Homeseeker Team on 01495 742409.
Once the documents have been received, your application will be assessed and placed into an appropriate band. For more details on the banding process, click here to visit the Prioritising Applications page.
Once your application has been processed, you will be informed via e-mail (if provided) or letter of your:
- Unqiue Reference Number,
- Effective Date,
- Size / type of property for which you are eligible.
You will then be able to log into the system, search for properties and place bids.
Important: If your circumstances change, you must log into your account and update your application as soon as possible.
You will only be eligible for properties that are suitable for the size of your family. A guide is provided below:
|Family Size||Bedsit / Studio||
Flat / Maisonette / Bungalow
|2 Bed House||3 Bed
Flat / Maisonette
House / Bungalow
|4 Bed + House|
|Couple/single person who is pregnant||No||No||Yes||Yes||
|*Parent/couple with 1 child||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|*Parent/couple with 2 children||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|*Parent/couple with 3 children||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|*Parent/couple with 4 + children||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|2 or more single adults||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||No|
Landlords may decide to give preference to applicants who maximise occupancy e.g. skipping an applicant with 2 young children for a 3 bedroom home. The landlords will ensure adverts state where preference will be given to applicants who maximise occupancy.