Latest news

Charter Housing to become Pobl

Published: Tuesday 30 June 2020

We've been helping people find a great place to call home for decades, and for the past 4 years we've been doing that as a not for profit group of companies – Pobl Group. On July 1st, Derwen Cymru will join Charter Housing and Gwalia Housing to become one landlord... Serving you as Pobl. 

Covid 19 - Partner Responses

Published: Thursday 19 March 2020

Torfaen Residents Survey

Published: Tuesday 16 July 2019

Whether it's investing more into making the borough cleaner and greener, supporting vulnerable people in the community or improving the standards in our schools, Torfaen Council are committed to making Torfaen a better place for its residents. 

The residents survey is your chance to tell Torfaen about your experience of using council services over the past year.

It takes just a few minutes to have your say and everyone's views matter. 

To find our more or to complete the survey visit Torfaen Council

Have your say!

Published: Tuesday 12 February 2019

Tai Pawb promotes equality and social justice in Wales. They believe that all people have the right to access good quality housing and homes in cohesive and safe communities and to reduce prejudice, disadvantage and poverty.

This survey is for disabled people who live in accessible social housing or have the experience of applying for accessible social housing.

Tai Pawb would like to know more about your experiences of applying for housing. Tai Pawb will use your contribution to shape a new guide to help develop more and better housing registers.

If you are a disabled tenant or applicant for accessible social housing and would like to share your experiences, please take 10 minutes to complete their survey here:

Universal Credit

Published: Friday 21 July 2017

From July 2017 the ‘Full Service’ of Universal Credit was rolled out within Torfaen which means that if you are of working-age you will no longer be able to make a new claim for Housing Benefit for your housing costs.

You will now need to claim Universal Credit instead.

For further information about this change visit the Councils website